Thursday, June 9, 2011

Best. Light. Tomato Food. (B.L.T.)

OK, so that's not what it really stands for and yes, I was having trouble creating a worthy secondary acronym. For the purpose of this blog, the name "B.L.T" is also being considered a "Tomato Food"... or for that matter a "Bacon Food" or, sometimes when I'm feeling squirrely, a "Lettuce Food". But I digress.

Bacon. Lettuce. Tomato. If that's not a recipe for greatness, then I don't know squat about food... and I'd like to think I know a thing or two. The great thing about a B.L.T. is that it's technically and socially acceptable to eat whenever you'd like. Let's study this a bit further:

Breakfast: Bacon (Bacon and Eggs; Bacon, Egg and Cheese sandwich), Bread (toast)
Lunch: Lettuce + Tomato = a light salad; Bacon (Bacon Bits on a baked potato)
Dinner: Bacon again! (Bacon Wrapped Scallops, Bacon Cheeseburger)

These obviously aren't all the delightful options but as you can imagine, the possibilities are endless.

The final "plus" I'll leave you with is this: It's healthy. It's healthier than what most a lot of people eat. Unless you are an extremely health conscious individual, if you're looking for a quick bite for lunch, your're probably looking for the closest McDonalds, Wendy's or pizza joint. Now, I'm not a health expert, but I can tell you there's more fat in a Big Mac than a B.L.T... probably. Think of it this way if you'd like; the healthy whole grain bread, lettuce and tomato counteract the unhealthy components of the bacon and mayo. There, do we feel better?

When I was little, it was a treat to have my mom make a B.L.T. Now that I'm an adult, I can make one whenever I'd like... and I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment